Under the direction of the Shift or Line Supervisor, oversee running of production lines in a safe environment for hourly employees, while producing a high-quality product according to daily production requirements.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: include the following, and other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Train new and motivate employees to work together to maintain quality control and elevated levels of production. Establish good working relationships with all employees assigned. Applicable to Agency Employees.
- Oversee all production workers and activities and meet or exceed all production goals.
- Delegate work assignments as directed by shift Supervisor and or Production Manager.
- Meet and exceed all production goals, including but not limited to, yields, downtime, schedule attainment, product waste and case fill.
- Complete production and routine reports as assigned to include collecting, documenting, and filing required production and quality information.
- Daily interfacing with Quality Control Technicians, Production Clerk and Production Machine Operators on assigned production lines.
- Comply and follow established guidelines for Quality and Safety including all company policies and procedures.
- Maintain cleanliness of production areas.
- Attend and participate in training.
- Communicate tailgates, communications affecting or pertaining to the union employees.
- Enforce and adhere to Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA)
- Manage and comply with seniority per CBA as it applies or pertains to the union employees.
- Utilize and submit Production Line Rosters weekly. Communicate any errors or staffing changes to Production Administrative Assistant.
- Ensure line setup at start of shift and or order change. Including inspection of work areas and equipment.
- Ensure materials and supplies are available to support daily line operations.
NON-ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Oversee production workers and activities to Crew Lead’s assigned production line.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Individuals must possess the knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Must be able to speak, read and write fluently in the Spanish language. Basic English skills to communicate and execute the skills below is required.
- Actively work on advancing English literacy skills to be eligible for the next level Crew Leader position.
- Must be able to effectively communicate, both verbal and written, to shift supervisor, as well as other levels of management as needed.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Must demonstrate mathematical aptitude and be able to perform addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Must have good recordkeeping skills.
- Must be accurate and very detail oriented.
- Ability to operate manufacturing equipment such as, centrifuge, Raytec, powered and non-powered pallet jackets, blending equipment, etc.
- Knowledge of inventory rotation procedures (FIFO, LIFO, etc.) is helpful.
- Ability to read and follow production work orders, schedules and calendars.
- Ability to read product labels.
- Ability to defuse and resolve employee conflicts in a respectful, appropriate and positive manner.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet established production deadlines.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATION STANDARDS:
Education and Experience: High School diploma or equivalent plus one (1) year directly related job experience in a manufacturing/production environment. An equivalent combination of education and work experience that satisfies the requirements of the position will be considered. Work experience must include experience working in fast paced manufacturing environment with Standard Operating Procedures and processing systems.
- Must be at least 18 years of age to work in food processing plant.
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Must be available and flexible to work on any shift assigned by production supervisor / manager.
- Must be a current member of or willing to sign up with the Teamsters Local Union No. 890.
- Prior experience in a fresh vegetable or food processing plant a plus.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be regularly exposed to cold temperatures of 36 degrees and occasionally heat when working inside/outside the production facility. The employee will be working inside a production facility where the use of chemical substances are present. Employee's work is also subject to the pressures of time constraints and deadlines. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, high if the individual enters the food plant. May participate in safety inspections in on/off sight locations, which are located both in a warehouse and administrative office environment.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) English https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Spanish https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/WHD/legacy/files/fmlasp.pdf
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) English https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Spanish https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/WHD/legacy/files/eppaspan.pdf
Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA) https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/VETS/legacy/files/USERRA_Private.pdf
This is a non-management position
This is a full-time position