The organicgirl Transportation Team is responsible for ensuring an average of 300 sales orders are delivered each week to our customers, shipped out of 5 different warehouses located across the country. In addition, the team supports the internal supply chain by planning and executing the transport of materials, raw product, and finished goods between all warehouses – averaging 40 trucks per week in the summer growing season and 80 trucks per week in the winter growing season.
Execution of Transportation Plans and assist Transportation Managers with related group activities. Engage with carriers and internal stakeholders throughout the Execution of Transportation activities. Support freight monitoring activities for all scheduled and in-transit loads. Input, maintain, and report on related data and metrics. Interact with internal and 3rd party groups to support process activities, as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (other duties may be assigned as needed):
- Daily execution of scheduling loads with guidance from the transportation managers. This includes transfers, sales order, and other internal freight movements.
- Ensure FOB customers are appointed within the system of record for their assigned appointment time, as directed by Customer Service and the Warehouse
- Schedule inbound appointments of delivered sales via customer designated processes which includes email, phone, and/or online customer portals.
- Validate all outbound Sales Orders have been appointed within the system of record by EOB the day prior to the scheduled shipment date.
- Monitor carrier updates of all active freight. Any problematic loads are to be red flagged and communicated via the SOP.
- Provide tracking updates to internal stakeholders, upon request, for any active freight.
- Manage documentation of internal delivered sales freight requests and ensure SOP adherence.
- Assist in creating carrier claims to compile relevant information and backup documentation. Work with AR to ensure carrier claims are invoiced and assist with collections, as needed.
- Maintain transportation related database(s) within the system of record and shared files.
- Verify billing data sent to the third-party billing service on a weekly basis, as needed.
- Assist with internal reporting of metrics related to group execution.
- Cross-train with Salinas Warehouse dispatchers
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Individuals must possess these knowledge, skills, and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Three (3) years administrative work experience preferably related to the transportation industry.
- Intermediate level Microsoft Excel skills required. Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Word required.
- Literate in English.
- Literate in English and Spanish preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical work – addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages.
- Ability to apply basic concepts of algebra.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draws valid conclusions.
- Solves practical problems and deals with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Interprets a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form.
- Organizes time schedules and simultaneous projects.
- Critical thinker that works with a sense of urgency.
- Strong analytical ability.
- Ability to raise and effectively deal with issues at all levels of management.
- Ability to suggest procedures to improve processes.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to work in fast-paced/ high-pressure environment (working in collaboration with business and customer service, as well as distribution and production team).
- Ability to work independently.
- Detail oriented.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus. Heavy use of computers, computer screens, phones, faxes, etc. are required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to air conditioning. The employee is also exposed to cold temperatures and heat when visiting plant processing and warehousing locations. The employee may visit plant locations where the use of chemical substances is present and used in the processing plant. Employee's work is also subject to the pressures of time constraints and deadlines. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) English https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Spanish https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/WHD/legacy/files/fmlasp.pdf
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) English https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Spanish https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/WHD/legacy/files/eppaspan.pdf
Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA) https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/VETS/legacy/files/USERRA_Private.pdf
Department: Demand Planning/Logistics
This is a non-management position
This is a full-time position