ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (other duties may be assigned as needed):
- Prepare paperwork for inbound and outbound shipments. For shipping: print loader sheet, load chart, BOL/COS and placards, input special instructions on loader sheet, scan BOL into Eclipse. For receiving: print receiving weight ticket document and apply daughter tags, timely execution on dumps and rejections. For inventory: send completed daily and weekly counts to purchasing, input physical inventory counts into NAV.
- Verify shipping and receiving transactions. For shipping: review loader sheet vs load chart to ensure accuracy and information pertaining to temperature and pallets is filled out. For receiving: verify PO and receiving documents match for items and quantity. Enter related data into the NAV system in a timely basis. All documents need to be properly reviewed for accuracy before inputting data in NAV.
- Enter data into preexisting spreadsheets/logs in word or excel. Enter scale validation compared to receiving vs cooler weights and log into a spreadsheet. If weight not within 1% notify supervisor. Enter Turn time, log driver check-in/out times and compare to appointment time. Spreadsheet calculates the turn time.
- Coordinate the unloading/loading of inbound and outbound trucks based on appointment times and issue load tags to Forklift Operators based on supervisor instruction. If needed, go inside the cooler to release door or resolve discrepancy at time of loading. Communicate with supervisor if any issues arise.
- Assist in inventory management by conducting physical inventory counts as needed and enter counts into NAV.
- Coordinate resolution of rejections and dumps. For raw product that is rejected, print out reject placard and ensure it gets loaded on the appropriate grower’s truck and returned. For dumps, per instruction, conduct transaction in NAV to move product to dump status, give order to Forklift Operator to move product out to the yard.
- Trouble shoot daily transactions for example, if a Forklift Operator picks incorrect product in NAV correct the error to ensure inventory is accurate. Resolve discrepancies in inventory within NAV.
- Communicate to Customer Service Department any product order fill or order issues.
- Work with QA personnel in resolving issues causing products to be placed on hold which includes contacting QA when the warehouse needs to pick an order that contains products still on hold and asking them to remove product from hold as soon as possible. Work with Production personnel in resolving product availability issues by contacting production if product for an order isn’t available as expected to find out the status and when product will be avail. Keep Warehouse management team abreast of all issues and resolution thereof.
- Scan all BOL’s into Eclipse and do weekly reconciliation. Also, take copies of signed BOL’s to front office.
- File receiving and shipping paperwork at end of shift. Put filed records into a box to be sent to storage on a weekly basis.
- Assist in scan gun issuance.
- Answer Phones and email in a timely manner from internal personnel and external customers and trucking companies.
- Perform weekly inventory of office supplies and put-away office supplies when received.
- Keep the dispatch office clean and well organized.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Individuals must possess these knowledge, skills, and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. and one (1) year of work experience preferably in a related field or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Knowledge of customer requirements, loading systems, and inventory systems is preferred.
4. Must be able to communicate in a professional manner with sales representatives, customers, truckers, vendors etc.
5. Working knowledge of MicroSoft Suite of Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be able to work rotating schedules and extended hours and have the ability to work independently.
- Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks and work under pressure.
- Excellent people/problem solving skills is required.
- Basic math skills with demonstrated ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide numbers.
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the essential duties of the job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to go inside the cooler, climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift or move objects of up to 50 pounds. Close, distance, color, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus are required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, outside weather conditions, and 36 degree cold room temperatures. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles, and vibration. The employee may be required to work extended hours without notice. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) English https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Spanish https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/WHD/legacy/files/fmlasp.pdf
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) English https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Spanish https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/WHD/legacy/files/eppaspan.pdf
Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA) https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/VETS/legacy/files/USERRA_Private.pdf
This is a non-management position
This is a full-time position