PRIMARY PURPOSE:This is a developmental position to learn about the Warehouse operation and gain the skills, capabilities, and experience necessary to be qualified for a Warehouse Supervisor. The company will provide on the job training, tools, formal training, and guidance.
Under the direction of the Warehouse Supervisor/Manager, learn the warehouse functions which include: receiving and cooling of raw material; inventory management; dispatching; order picking, staging, and loading; ERP Navision system; personnel management to include hiring and termination, scheduling, employee relations, performance management, safety, state and federal wage and hour regulations, timecard corrections and timecard punches, collective bargaining agreement (CBA), Good Manufacturing Practices, Food Safety and HACCP. Assist Supervisor/Manager in the day-to-day execution of warehouse activities to include supervising personnel.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS (other duties may be assigned as needed):
Learn the following and related SOP’s and assist Supervisor/Manager with day-to-day execution of warehouse activities outlined below to include management and scheduling of personnel:
- Receiving function: how to receive raw product i.e. weight, tag, enter into inventory system, cool, and place in cold storage.
- Inventory Management: how raw product and finished goods are tracked and managed in Navision (ERP system) and in the physical warehouse.
- Dispatching function and its relation to raw receiving: learn how the inventory management, production, finished goods, customer service, and the order pick, stage and load process works.
- For shipping, order picking, staging, and loading: how orders are put together and assigned to forklift drivers and how forklift drivers execute the orders.
- ERP Navision system: how to use Navision and how it works in relation to the following functions, raw receiving, raw product storage, production, finished goods, dispatching, the picking/staging/loading process, and the appointment system.
- Personnel management: a) fundamentals of interviewing and hiring, legal do’s and don’ts, job postings and selection per the CBA. b) fundamentals of termination, legal do’s and don’ts. c) how to schedule personnel to ensure coverage. d) fundamentals of employee relations and discipline, how to build relationships with employees and motivate a workforce, legal do’s and don’ts. e) how to investigate safety incidents, fill out incident reports, conduct facility inspections, report and correct safety hazards, Industrial Illness Prevention Program (IIPP) and OSHA, forklift inspection and safety. f) state and federal regulations related to minimum wage, regular vs overtime pay, meal and rest periods, pay date and pay periods, final pay, timely pay. g) how to correct a timecard and timecard punches, how to access and read a timecard. h) CBA and its application in relation to the aforementioned.
- Good Manufacturing Practices, Food Safety and HACCP fundamentals and how they apply.
- Assist Supervisor/Manager in the implementation of tailgate or other trainings and the development of training topics and content.
- Assist Supervisor/Manager and/or participate in OFP related projects and project work which may include documenting and implementing processes.
- Be a back-up to warehouse supervisor and dispatch depending on the need.
- Other duties as assigned.
No direct reports. Will assist Supervisor/Manager with day-to-day tasks associated with supervising personnel.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Individuals must possess these knowledge, skills, and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent combination of work experience and course work in a related field. Equivalent education and work experience may consist of high school diploma or G.E.D. and related industry training and 5 years inventory or warehouse experience as a dispatcher, forklift operator, or inventory clerk.
- Knowledge of customer requirements, loading systems, and inventory systems is preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Some experience with ERP systems preferably Navision.
- Knowledge of food safety, good manufacturing practices, general plant safety practices and procedures.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be able to speak, read and write fluently in English/Spanish.
- Must be able communicate in a professional manner with sales representatives, customers, truckers, vendors, management etc.
- Must be at least 18 years of age to work in food processing plant.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Excellent people/problem solving skills is required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents (such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals).
- Ability to learn and demonstrate leadership skills such as planning, organizing, staffing, leading, controlling & communicating.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to learn and demonstrate how to build, coach, train and motivate personnel, while holding employees accountable for results.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment with shifting priorities and multiple deadlines.
- Ability to implement new processes.
- Ability to learn and demonstrate how to defuse and resolve employee conflicts in a respectful, appropriate, and positive manner.
- Basic math skills with demonstrated ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide numbers to assure proper inventory counts and fulfillment of customer orders.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the essential duties of the job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to go inside the cooler, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift or move objects of up to 50 pounds. Close, distance, color, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus are required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, outside weather conditions, and 36 degree cold room temperatures. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles, and vibration. The employee may be required to work extended hours without notice. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) English https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Spanish https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/WHD/legacy/files/fmlasp.pdf
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) English https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Spanish https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/WHD/legacy/files/eppaspan.pdf
Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA) https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/VETS/legacy/files/USERRA_Private.pdf
This is a full-time position
Visit Careers at organicgirl