POSITION TITLE: Quality Assurance Technician - B Shift
Monday – Saturday
Must be available for any shift
PRIMARY PURPOSE: Follow defined company quality assurance tasks and standards and report variances.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Accompany sanitation to walk the facility and verify cleanliness of the facility including equipment integrity of the belts and don’t represent a food safety risk.
2. Calibrate equipment such as metal detectors, scales, thermometers
3. Document observations on standard department forms and report concerns timely to sanitation for resolution.
5. Responsible for the Quality Assurance of all finished product such as taking samples, evaluating, and recording results for the following:
- Metal detector tests
- Wash water monitoring
- Wash water turbidity test
- Water temperature tests
- Evaluating finished products
- Releasing finished products
- Shelf-Life sample collection
6. Complete Quality Assurance tasks and update this reporting into the computer system. This includes following a prescribed set of instructions to enter results of tests and samples into a computer.
7. Communicate with the Shift Supervisor and QA Team members on the quality and condition of the Holds, Unusual Occurrences and CCP Issues.
8. Communicate with the Shift Supervisor and QA Team members about quality issues and pack quality, labeling problems, packaging and pallet stacking.
9. Work closely with the supervisory personnel and other QA personnel.
Receiving & Shipping
10. Raw material (new, aged or field samples) which may include pulp temperature of product, collect samples, evaluate samples for defects and attributes, release in Navision.
11. Communicate with management through email why product is on hold.
12. Collect raw/finished that were placed on hold and take samples to QA lab for review.
13. Place hold/dispose tags on pallets.
14. Remove product from hold to include placing appropriate tags on pallets and releasing product in Navision.
15. Daily, walk the perimeter of the plant which includes using a set of defined instructions and checklist to document the cleanliness of the plant and readiness for operations. Enter data into an excel form and send via email.
16. Evaluate frozen/warm loads and determine how much of the load is salvageable and communicate with management through email.
17. Occasionally visually inspect finished product prior to shipping per customer service request.
18. Review transfer trucks conditions for food safety/quality. This includes a visual inspection of cleanliness, temperature of the truck and load, take pictures documenting temperature, document aforementioned conditions on company provided forms, send findings via email.
19. Evaluate fallen totes/cases and packaging material and determine how much of the product is salvageable.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- Two (2) years related work experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic understanding of computer skills, Microsoft Excel and Word preferred.
- Prior knowledge of “use by” and Julian dates for product labeling preferred. On the job training will be provided.
- Language skills with the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to complete standard department forms.
- Bi-lingual and bi-literate English/Spanish preferred.
- Basic math skills i.e. addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages.
- Possess ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Knowledge of company products, packaging, and freshness control program and quality standards and tolerances preferred.
- Able to work independently and work in a team environment.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid driver’s license and proof of automobile insurance.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to extreme cold. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precaution places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme heat; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) English https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Spanish https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/WHD/legacy/files/fmlasp.pdf
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) English https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Spanish https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/WHD/legacy/files/eppaspan.pdf
Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA) https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/VETS/legacy/files/USERRA_Private.pdf
Department: QA & Food Safety
This is a non-management position
This is a full-time position
Visit Careers at organicgirl