Passport Resorts is searching for a Public Relations Manager who will work under the direction of the Vice President of Marketing and Sales to develop and implement Passport’s PR and media strategy. The incumbent will also draft media releases and content for social media, establish relationships with journalists and influencers, and manage media responses on behalf of Passport Resorts. The Public Relations Manager may also work closely with key members of the executive management teams at Passport Resorts’ properties.
Top candidates will have a Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Marketing, Communications or a related field; be passionate about our properties, have three years progressive experience in Public Relations, and experience working for independent hotels (not branded).
This position requires:
- Passion for the Hospitality industry and a deep understanding and commitment to the Passport culture
- Excellent writing and editing skills and the ability to write compelling copy
- Track record of developing and delivering successful communication strategies
- Ability to leverage social media knowledge and skills to produce impact for the Passport brand and the properties in its portfolio
- Experience working closely with journalists and responding to media requests
- Strong speaking and presentation skills
- Ability to organize and plan Public Relations strategies
- Knowledge of Public Relations tactics needed to achieve results for the company
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Ability to travel occasionally to assigned properties and Passport offices
- Ability to multi-task, follow through and re-prioritize well to meet deadlines on multiple projects for multiple properties
At Passport Resorts, we engage with guests, staff, the community and nature with integrity and respect. Our goal is to provide magical experiences for guests – whether they come to relax, explore or reconnect. All Passport properties share a reverence for the land, community and local culture. With each property, we have sought to reveal the intrinsic value and possibilities unique to the land. Consequently, no two resorts are alike, yet all have consistently received extensive support from the respective communities, and national acclaim from our guests and the travel community at large. Resorts currently in our portfolio include: Cavallo Point Lodge and Post Ranch Inn.
This is a management position
This is a full time position