We are seeking an experienced Buyer to join our team. This individual needs to have industry experience and experience in purchasing raw materials and components. This position will work closely with the Marketing teams, Supply chain team, and Suppliers.
- Procure Raw Materials and Components in a timely manner to ensure delivery prior to scheduled production date, with emphasis on meeting target price, quality, quantity, availability, and delivery dates.
- Maintain communication with suppliers, obtain bench marking prices, manage development of new suppliers and materials.
- Manage supply levels based on immediate demand, forecast quantities and material lead times.
- Daily entering and issuing purchase orders to vendors, daily communication with suppliers to manage on-time delivery of open orders, and working directly with multiple departments (R&D, Operations, Supply Chain, Customer Service, Receiving and Accounting).
- Identify and negotiate contracts, pricing, payment terms, and cost savings opportunities.
- Analyze departmental purchase requisitions for completeness and accuracy of information.
- Develop and/or establish new sources of cosmetics raw materials and components to secure the most favorable terms/conditions.
- Establish blanket purchase agreements with suppliers on items with special requirements and limitations.
- Prepares reports, analyze data, and make recommendations to increase operational efficiencies.
- Bachelor's (BA) degree or combination of education and experience.
- At least 3-5 years of work experience in material/component procurement/planning in cosmetics manufacturing environment.
- Intermediate to advance level in MS Office, experience with ERP systems.
- Ability to learn reporting tools.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Must have good time management skills and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently or within a team.
- Able to prioritize the workload to ensure delivery against tight deadlines.
What We Offer:
- Competitive Wages
- Medical & Dental (company pays 75% of employees HMO plans)
- Discounted Vision
- 401k match up to 3% of your annual salary
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Vacation Days
- Sick Days
Robinson Pharma is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other protected status with respect to recruitment, hiring, promotion and other terms and conditions of employment. Robinson Pharma takes affirmative action in support of this policy to employ and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, disabled, and veterans.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Visit Careers at Robinson Pharma, Inc