JOB DESCRIPTION: SENIOR PUBLIC OUTREACH SPECIALIST
Stokes Creative Group, Inc. (Stokes) seeks an experienced, motivated, action-oriented communicator and engager to join our Public Outreach Team in Florida. Our growing team works with diverse communities and stakeholders on projects across the state. The Senior Public Outreach Specialist will play an integral role in the external and internal operations of the firm.
This individual can expect to wear many hats daily as a vital part of a small, woman-owned, disadvantaged business enterprise. The new Senior Public Outreach Specialist position is meant to enhance overall operations, project management, and services for the firm while focusing on outreach efforts in Florida’s Central and Northeast areas. The ideal candidate is a proactive individual with well-developed critical thinking skills, able to process, react to, and solve problems promptly as they arise.
- Develop engagement and communication strategies tailored to specific projects and accessible to all community members.
- Create engagement event materials and promotional strategies, including press releases, social media advertisements, in-the-field advertisements, presentation materials, and project materials.
- Collect, analyze, and summarize input in a manner that allows the public to understand how their feedback is used and is transferable to technical team members to inform project results.
- Lead outreach efforts on large public works projects.
- Organize and facilitate stakeholder meetings and events.
- Devise creative solutions and approaches.
- Build public understanding, consensus, and support in communities.
- Engage community organizations, elected officials, businesses, institutions, and residents.
- Increase the visibility and benefits of projects.
- Provide comprehensive, start-to-finish project management of new and existing public outreach work.
- Contribute to sales efforts, including proposals, cost estimates, and content development.
- Develop, maintain, and foster a strong network of contacts, such as stakeholders, teaming partners, and vendors.
- Cultivate an understanding of multi-modal transportation and infrastructure project delivery.
- Perform QA/QC and edit client and internal communications content, scripts, project deliverables, etc.
- Conduct market research.
- Excellent verbal, written, and graphic communication skills.
- Knowledge of public engagement principles and practices.
- Ability to organize and present data efficiently and clearly.
- Superior analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to develop rapport with diverse stakeholder populations and navigate relationships among constituencies.
- Knowledge of transportation and infrastructure industries.
- Excellent multi-tasking skills.
- Proven track record of successful projects.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite is a plus.
Educational Background and Related Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in journalism, communications, community planning, political science, public policy, engineering, or similar required. Master’s Degree in a related field preferred.
- 5 to 10 years of professional experience – particularly in the transportation and/or AEC Industry.
- Direct prior experience with FDOT is a plus.
- Two years of public engagement and/or community communications-related experience is a plus.
Submit a cover letter, resume, references, and a list of projects/clients.
Stokes is a full-service marketing agency with more than 36 years of experience specializing in transportation and construction, providing public outreach, videography, photography, event planning, graphic design, marketing, advertising, web design and maintenance, and social media management. Our team’s diverse expertise allows us to provide unique approaches to achieve the specific business objectives of our clients. Since its inception in 1985, the firm has built a solid reputation by expertly telling its clients’ stories through responsive, clear communication and productive engagement. This includes providing innovative and imaginative methods customized to specific populations, places, and projects. Stokes is a certified WBE/DBE/SBE/WBENC headquartered in New Jersey with offices throughout the East Coast. www.stokescg.com
This is a full time position