Valley Catholic Middle School is looking for a part-time science teacher with a passion for educating and opening the world of chemistry and physics to middle school students. Valley Catholic Middle School serves a diverse student body, values and seeks to represent that diversity among staff. This part-time position may be combined with other assignments for full-time employment.
- Hold a current Oregon Teaching License (preference given to those with a science or middle level endorsement)
- Plan and implement laboratory-based physical and earth science lessons in accordance with Oregon state, NGSS, and Archdiocesan standards
- Create engaging lessons and laboratory activities that develop student critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Evaluate and assess student performance and progress
- Establish a positive learning environment that promotes a high level of achievement
- Manage student behavior for the purpose of providing an optimal and safe learning environment
- Enhance curriculum by developing lessons that utilize technology (specifically the iPad)
- Have a passion for teaching the middle school student
- Organize and implement science fair for the sixth grade, and evaluate student inquiry projects
- Assist in the coordination, planning and execution of a week-long outdoor school program
- Willing to serve the school in other capacities such as science bowl coach
Certification/endorsements in earth or physical science preferred.
To apply, please submit a resume and letter of interest by December 18, 2019.
This is a part time position
Visit Careers at Sisters of St. Mary of Oregon Ministries Corporation