This coach will possess high ethical and moral standards and be able to work under the guidelines and policies set forth by Valley Catholic High School and Athletic Department. They should be an excellent role model for high school student/athletes, establish rapport with players, teach the fundamentals and strategy of golf and be supportive of all Valley Catholic programs. The chosen applicant will help oversee all aspects of the high school girls golf program.
Special Requirements: * (Certification, training, specialty skills or previous experience)This coach will possess:
* High ethical and moral standards
* Be able to work under the guidelines and policies set forth by Valley Catholic High School and Athletic Department
* Be an excellent role model for high school student/athletes, establish rapport with players
* Teach the fundamentals and strategy of golf and be supportive of all Valley Catholic programs.
- Planning and conducting practice sessions
- Supporting tournament activities and need
- Transporting athletes to practices and tournaments
- Motivating and instructing student athletes in sport strategies and techniques
- A First Aid/CPR card or the ability to obtain one before the first day of the season.
- All required OSAA and NFHS certifications, including concussion, heat illness prevention, steroid training or the ability to obtain these before the first day of the Swim season. A complete list can be found here: http://www.osaa.org/coaches
- The successful candidate must complete the Archdiocese of Portland Called to Protect training and pass the background check required of all campus employees.
- Ability to effectively communicate with administration, teaching staff, community members, parents and student athletes.
- Must demonstrate excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Will coach individual participants in the skills necessary for excellent achievement in the sport involved.
Applicants must complete our online application at www.ssmo.org, click on careers button. Also, submit a letter of interest, resume, and at least three references, one from an immediate supervisor willing to speak about your past work performance.
This position reports to our Athletic Director
This is a seasonal position