The Sisters of St. Mary of Oregon Ministries Corporation (SSMO) is looking for a Human Resources Coordinator/Administrative Assistant to join our team. This position provides functional Human Resources support in the areas of benefits administration, regulatory compliance, information collection and data management, and recruitment. This role also provides administrative support to the SSMO Ministries President. This is a full-time, non-exempt role, Monday-Friday, 8:30am - 5pm. Duties include:
- Keeping records of benefits plans participation such as insurance and retirement plans, personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations, and employee statistics for government reporting.
- Administer benefits programs such as life, health, dental and disability insurances, retirement plans, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, and employee assistance.
- Track benefits continuation and coordinate with payroll staff. Keep vendors apprised of staff changes to ensure accuracy of vendor invoices for benefits products/services. Review invoices upon receipt, and submit for approvals and payment.
- Coordinate with payroll staff to ensure they have accurate information for benefits payroll deductions and accumulators. Prepare employee final pay and benefits notices for departing staff; prepare and send benefits continuation notices.
- Maintain human resource information system records and compile reports from the database.
- Collect and file new-hire paperwork and maintain personnel files.
- Run background checks, and submit fingerprints for processing.
- Mastering a variety of software packages and web-based programs is crucial.
- Assist the HR Director in conducting compensation surveys as requested.
- Assist the SSMO Ministries President by: arranging meetings (issuing invitations, reserving meeting rooms, preparing hand-outs, purchasing and serving food/beverages, taking minutes/notes, and cleaning up afterwards), organizing documents, and serving as a liaison between the President and his/her other direct reports when the President is offsite.
- Providing back-up phone support to the front desk.
- Other duties as assigned.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
Visit Careers at Sisters of St. Mary of Oregon Ministries Corporation