EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree from four year college or university required; Advanced degree preferred. 15+ years’ business experience in a leadership role required; Financial, safety and/or membership organization experience preferred.; Must have knowledge of association management, membership growth strategies and the ability to implement tasks in the areas of budgeting, program design, presentation and evaluation.
The Executive Director will maintain a presence in both Oklahoma City and Tulsa in order to grow the OSC brand and vision statewide.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND REPONSIBILITIES include the following.
· Establish an organizational structure for the Council and related staff structure.
· Establish and implement administrative policies and procedures for Council functions.
· Ensure the legal integrity of the Council.
· Coordinate meetings of the Board of Directors and the Executive Committee.
· Report directly to and communicate regularly with the Chairperson of the Board, providing timely reports and making recommendations, including new policies and procedures.
· Monitor and assist committees of the Board of Directors.
· Develop and implement statewide growth strategy for the Council.
· Establish short and long range goals with staff.
· Develop and coordinate programs and projects designed to meet the goals and objectives of the Council.
· Review and evaluate safety related research relevant to the Council and inform the Board, membership, and the public as appropriate.
· Participate in community activities to develop opportunities to ascertain needs, serve clients, and promote agency goals.
· Administer the finances of the Council including the preparation of an annual budget.
· Ensure the integrity of the Council’s finances and ensure the maintenance of an adequate reserve as recommended by the Board.
· Develop marketing plans to meet the financial needs of the Council.
· Develop and supervise an effective program of membership development and services.
· Prepare budget in consultation with departmental directors to allocate funds, control costs, and maintain operations at level consistent with Council guidelines.
· Review activity reports and financial statements to determine progress and status in attaining objectives and revise objectives and plans in accordance with current conditions.
· Direct and coordinate formulation of financial programs to provide funding for new or continuing operations to maximize returns on investments and to increase productivity.
· Responsibilities include recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and training employees; evaluating and selecting appropriate benefit packages; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
· Assist Board Chair and Executive Committee in evaluating performance of directors for compliance with established policies and objectives of Council and contributions in attaining objectives.
· Maintain effective internal and external public relations.
· Serve as a spokesperson for the Council in cooperation with the chief elected officer.
· Maintain governmental affairs to represent the interests of the membership and the community to the legislature and governmental agencies as appropriate.
· Establish and maintain close working relationships with cooperating agencies to avoid duplication of services.
· Exchange ideas through seminars, conferences, and other forums and media to accomplish program objectives.
· Prepare and distribute public information materials dealing with safety issues.
· Deliver speeches and participate in discussions with community leaders and other interested parties to promote objectives of the Council.
· Work with community groups, organizations, and others to increase awareness of the Council as a resource, and develop collaborations and partnerships to extend organization programs and audiences.
· Communicate with the officers and Board of Directors, with members and other professionals in the safety and health field, maintaining a positive relationship to enhance the image and activities of the Safety Council.
This is a management position
This is a full time position