ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Oversees all programs for the Tulsa Day Center and works with the executive director, board and staff to implement quality programs that carry out the organization’s mission.
- Assists Executive Director and Board committees in the development of policies and procedures.
- Responsibilities include recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems, as directed by Executive Director.
- Maintains external and internal visibility and availability with all stakeholders, including Tulsa Day Center Board, Committee members, staff, volunteers and community partners.
- External visibility, alongside the Executive Director, to promote public awareness of the Tulsa Day Center and to participate in activities and community events to ascertain needs, serve clients, and promote the organization’s goals.
- In the absence of the Executive Director, the Associate Director assumes responsibility for the overall operation of the Day Center and on-call responsibilities.
- Integral support role in regards to fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position. Assures accurate documentation and monitoring of records to comply with funding sources.
- Maintains effective relationships with employees, guests and volunteers.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Non-profit board experience, non-profit management & development experience a plus.
- At least five years of proven management experience working in a social service profession. Experience working with similar population preferred.
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Transparent and high-integrity leadership
- Strong abilities in planning, delegating, program development, and task facilitation
- Ability to convey a vision of strategic future to staff, volunteers and donors
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to the nonprofit sector
- Skills to collaborate with and motivate board members and other volunteers
- Creative thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to interface and engage diverse volunteers, donors and other stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff
This is a management position
This is a full time position
Visit Careers at Schnake Turnbo Frank