Vision Centric, Inc., is seeking an experienced Contract Specialist III with direct experience working within federal contracting processes and procedures. The successful candidate will support U.S. Army Corps of Engineers in Huntsville, AL.
Job Summary/Essential Functions
- Provide contract administrative support in the preparation, administration, and closeout of contract actions.
- Assist in the preparation of acquisition plans
- Draft requests for proposals, determination, findings, justification and approvals
- Draft award and modification documents as may be required.
- Prepare briefings and other documents for use by Government representatives.
- Assist Government team leader in preparing selection documents and routing for Government approval.
- Assist in status reporting, data gathering, data entry, schedule preparation and monitoring, and report preparation.
- Utilize standard procurement system software
Education and Experience:
- Must have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university and possess at least 24 hours of accredited college business credits in any combination of the following fields: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management.
- Documented experience in and working knowledge of Government contracting
- Must have excellent writing skills and be able to communicate orally and in writing.
- Must be proficient with FAR acquisition-based procurements.
- Must have a Contracting DAWIA Level III Certification
- Minimum of 7-12 years of Contracting Experience (cradle to grave)
- Secret clearance or able to obtain secret clearance
- Able to obtain a Department of Defense (DOD) Common Access Card (CAC)
On-site, Huntsville, AL
VCI is a privately held Service Disabled Veteran Owned, quickly growing company with headquarters in Huntsville, AL within 5 miles of the Redstone Arsenal and NASA Marshall Space Flight Center. Established in 2004, and now celebrating 19 years of excellence in providing quality products and services to the Department of Defense. VCI is looking for candidates for key positions to perform work as part of an exciting new opportunities. This is very exciting work having to do with rapid integration and deployment of advanced capabilities into our operating forces. Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, paid time off, paid holidays, flexible spending account, employee assistance program, tuition assistance program, 401k Plan ,as well as a fun and enthusiastic work environment!
VCI offers a team-oriented work environment and a competitive compensation and employee benefits package. If you have a commitment to excellence and want to join our team of top caliber professionals, we invite you to submit your resume electronically.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position