Primary duty is to serve as a Sr. Budget Analyst for the Resource Management Lead in the Army Rapid Capabilities and Critical Technologies Office (RCCTO). This is a fast-paced, demanding, three-star headquarters organization.
- Will assist with the extracts of Status of Funds from financial databases and reconcile financial reports as required.
- Provide updated reports and brief all changes to Government Program Leads as requested.
- Assist with the receipt of cost estimates, Statements of Work, and monthly reports.
- Work with government leads to develop, track, and report on spend plans for each project.
- Analyze monthly reports, utilize the data for internal reporting, and for the planning of funding increments.
- Coordinate funding actions with Government Lead and Technical POCs. Assist with coordinating Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) creation/funding requirements. Enter action and required documents in financial databases.
- Coordinate approvals and track status as required.
- Examine budget estimates for completeness, accuracy, and conformance with procedures and regulations.
- Analyze budgeting and accounting reports.
- 10% travel required.
- BA/BS or MA/MS degree or equivalent experience
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to perform all functional duties independently.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and changing priorities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Active Secret clearance is required with the ability to obtain and maintain a Top-Secret.
- 6+ years of experience as a budget / financial analyst.
- Experience with GFEBS and other financial databases.
- Experience in DoD acquisition programs. Army budgeting experience is preferred.
- Experience with contracts and purchasing.
- Financial certifications such as DAU Financial Management.
- Secret clearance is required. Top Secret, or the ability to gain and maintain one, is preferred.
VCI is a privately held Service Disabled Veteran Owned, quickly growing company with headquarters in Huntsville, AL within 5 miles of the Redstone Arsenal and NASA Marshall Space Flight Center. Established in 2004, and now celebrating 19 years of excellence in providing quality products and services to the Department of Defense. VCI is looking for candidates for key positions to perform work as part of an exciting new opportunities. This is very exciting work having to do with rapid integration and deployment of advanced capabilities into our operating forces. Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, paid time off, paid holidays, flexible spending account, employee assistance program, tuition assistance program, 401k Plan ,as well as a fun and enthusiastic work environment!
VCI offers a team-oriented work environment and a competitive compensation and employee benefits package. If you have a commitment to excellence and want to join our team of top caliber professionals, we invite you to submit your resume electronically.
This is a full time position