Job Summary/Essential Functions:
- Support the Government lead Project Managers in all actions necessary to monitor and manage the Contractor’s performance and execution of their service orders; to include, assemble and preparing technical review packages (Service Order packages) in accordance with contract requirements, coordination and tracking of in-house taskers, service order packages, review billings, prepare power point presentations, closeout and use of pivot tables.
- Interact and interface with government customers on a daily basis.
- Reconciles transactions by comparing and correcting data
- Data analysis
- Assist in analyzing expenditures as they relate to budgetary constraints and prepare reports of anticipated surplus or shortfall for all projects.
- Attend meetings; participate in telephone conferences
- Initiate, in coordination with members of the project delivery team (PDT), as part of the service desk; receive, track, check mathematical correctness, check to ensure proper CLINs are being billed, assemble and preparing technical review packages (Service Order packages), in support of Project Manager, route service orders packages for engineer technical and cost assessments for PM/PgM approval and route to the contracting officer (as required depending on dollar amount of service order) for final approval of the service order. After service orders are approved - file documentation, closing the action in the excel database, checking billings for mathematical correctness, input Government –approved proper invoices for payment by the Government representative to facilitate the maintenance and service, and documentation of all tasks.
- Track and provide accurate statuses, metrics, and other contractual obligations in order to meet project performance requirements and customer expectation.
- Track expenditures for labor, travel, and purchases of services throughout the fiscal year.
- Prepare pivot tables, briefing material on status of assigned programs for presentation to Government agencies, the KO and the COR, on an as-needed basis.
- Assist Program/Project Managers in tracking all contract actions
- All other tasks assigned by Program/Project Managers
Education and Experience:
- Minimum Bachelor Degree
- Math or Information Systems desired
- 7-12 years of experience
- Ten or more years of relevant experience may be substituted for education, and an advanced degree may be substituted for two years of experience
- Advance knowledge of Excel, Pivot Tables, Access, and PowerPoint
- MUST HAVE CURRENT ACTIVE DoD Public Trust REQUIRED
SCHEDULE SATURDAY AND SUNDAY ONLY
SATURDAY & SUNDAY: 7am-4pm
Compensation/ Hourly pay
$20 - $25 per hour
VCI is a privately held Service Disabled Veteran Owned, quickly growing company with headquarters in Huntsville, AL within 5 miles of the Redstone Arsenal and NASA Marshall Space Flight Center. Established in 2004, and now celebrating 19 years of excellence in providing quality products and services to the Department of Defense. VCI is looking for candidates for key positions to perform work as part of an exciting new opportunities. This is very exciting work having to do with rapid integration and deployment of advanced capabilities into our operating forces. Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, paid time off, paid holidays, flexible spending account, employee assistance program, tuition assistance program, 401k Plan ,as well as a fun and enthusiastic work environment!
VCI offers a team-oriented work environment and a competitive compensation and employee benefits package. If you have a commitment to excellence and want to join our team of top caliber professionals, we invite you to submit your resume electronically.
This is a part time position