The position of Contract Specialist requires knowledge in acquisition negotiations, and Contracting Administration Support. The contracting professionals shall be able to process and assist the contracting office with cradle-to-grave procurement actions of various products and items for all dollar amounts up to and including SAT.
- 2 or more years of working contracting knowledge and experience utilizing the Federal Acquisitions Regulations System (FAR) and/or Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS)
- Certified Federal Contract Manager™ Certificate from the National Contract management Association , highly complex requirements across multiple areas and disciplines;
- Certified Professional Contract Manager™ Certificate from the National Contract management Association
- DAWIA/FAC-C certification (or equivalent)
PREFERRED - NAVY experience in using DLA email, Navy email, Navy Program MAT, NAVSUP One Touch, DLA FEDMALL, WEB VLIPS, and SPS
Minimum - Confidential clearance is required
- Knowledge of Federal, Departmental, and Agency laws, regulations, and policies on procurement, FAR and DFARS, DLAD and local governing acquisition policies.
- Knowledge of a wide variety of procurement regulations, procedures, and policies related to the various procurement functions related to accomplishing purchase orders.
- Knowledge of small purchase procedures and methods is required in performing complex purchasing work.
- Knowledge of the Government Purchase Card and simplified acquisition policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of post award procedures for administration of simplified acquisitions as to be able to discuss equitable arrangements for modifications to purchase orders. Determine whether to recommend terminations of accepted purchase orders for convenience and similar actions.
- Knowledge of common business practices concerning sales, prices, discounts, and deliveries.
- Knowledge of product lines, procurement specifications, and sources of supply.
- Ability to conduct market research to determine market conditions and modes of transportation used within the United States and for shipment to foreign countries.
- Ability to conduct market research to recommend the acquisition strategy to the Contracting Officer.
- Knowledge of price analysis techniques and product evaluation procedures.
- Knowledge of hazardous material purchase and control procedures, including specific requirements of the customer activities supported.
- Knowledge of Military Standards, Military Specifications and Commercial Specifications.
- Knowledge of purchase order and contract administration principles and practices, as well as procurement monitoring techniques, to ensure adequate management of customer requirements. Be adept at negotiating, awarding, and administering simplified acquisitions involving clauses normally not applicable to simplified acquisitions (e.g., default termination, liabilities, government furnished property, etc.).
- Knowledge of price analysis techniques to evaluate prices or costs and determine reasonableness.
- Knowledge of various acquisition clauses to select or tailor clauses for purchases that involve special handling.
- Knowledge of post award procedures to discuss equitable price adjustments for modifications to purchase orders.
- Ability to determine whether to recommend termination of an accepted purchase order.
- Ability to determine when acceptable delays are required to coordinate corrective actions.
- Knowledge of the types of, and restrictions associated with the use of, various types of DOD funds.
- Knowledge of available software necessary to prepare paperwork, store and retrieve data, monitor, and track progress.
- Knowledge of office equipment, personal computer, copying, and scanning equipment.
- Ability to operate a keyboard with sufficient speed and accuracy to meet acceptable work standards (i.e. 40 WPM).
- Ability to analyze problems and develop practical and immediate solutions.
- Ability to handle a multitude of tasks with changing priorities and to make quick positive decisions.
- Knowledge of a wide range of contracting methods and contract types.
- Knowledge to develop and/or administer a variety of complex contracts including those with specialized provisions or terms and those covering unique items or services; analyze difficult issues and identify alternate courses of action, modify standard procedures and solve a variety of problems, including those involving significant departures from previous approaches.
- Knowledge of automated procurement and supply systems to acquire, use and maintain accurate records. Familiarity with business practices and market conditions to identify potential contractors due to limited source availability and evaluate bid responsiveness, contractor responsibility, and/or contractor performance.
- Knowledge of negotiation techniques in order to accomplish negotiated procurements.
- Knowledge of and the ability to use automated Procurement Systems, and related systems
- Shall complete Pre-award and Closeout actions to include but not limited to:
- Pre-award - complete acquisition package review, market research, determine acquisition strategy, perform pre-solicitation/soliciting actions, evaluate best value to the Government, determine if pricing is fair and reasonable, complete SPS documentation, prepare package for Contracting Officer (KO) review/approval, perform distribution. The average time to award is 1 to 30 days. Shall apply applicable FAR and DFARS regulations
- Closeouts - review a contract, verify payments have been received, verify final payment, confirm no pending actions and receipt of all contract items, close out in SPS and file the appropriate documents in the location provided by the Government. Draft and prepare contract closeouts for review and approval by the Contracting Officer.
VCI is a privately held Service Disabled Veteran Owned, quickly growing company with headquarters in Huntsville, AL within 5 miles of the Redstone Arsenal and NASA Marshall Space Flight Center. Established in 2004, and now celebrating 19 years of excellence in providing quality products and services to the Department of Defense. VCI is looking for candidates for key positions to perform work as part of an exciting new opportunities. This is very exciting work having to do with rapid integration and deployment of advanced capabilities into our operating forces. Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, paid time off, paid holidays, flexible spending account, employee assistance program, tuition assistance program, 401k Plan ,as well as a fun and enthusiastic work environment!
VCI offers a team-oriented work environment and a competitive compensation and employee benefits package. If you have a commitment to excellence and want to join our team of top caliber professionals, we invite you to submit your resume electronically.
This is a full time position