VCI is accepting applications for the position of Acquisition Management Specialist. The support services to be provided encompass professional acquisition and contract support services which span the entire contract lifecycle.
THIS POSITION IS REMOTE w/ OCCASIONAL ONSITE Meetings in Rockville, MD.
Job Summary/Essential Functions:
- Assist in development and preparation of pre-award Statements of Work (SOW), Statements of Objective (SOO), and other requirements documents. This effort includes assisting program offices in researching and drafting specifications and standards, including Performance Work Statements (PWS); developing performance measures, providing consultation and recommendations; and coordinating requirements documents. System for Award Management (SAM.gov), training and proficiency is required.
Outputs: SOWs; SOOs; PWSs; and related documents.
- Provide advice and recommendations for all elements in acquisition plans, including approaches, options, strategies, risks, contracting methods, competition, sources, cost, milestone schedule, etc. Evaluate different approaches to and sources for acquisition support. Research available suppliers and compare the services and costs of obtaining support from the different providers.
Outputs: Written acquisition plans.
- Contractor shall provide assistance to the program offices in preparing IGCEs. Such assistance may include; and is not limited to, research and analysis of past purchases of similar products or services, current market value of the products or services, other agency purchases of similar products and services.
- Assist in conducting market research to identify potential sources using the COAC or HHS vehicles. Potential sources should include socio-economic program participants (i.e., small businesses, small and disadvantaged businesses, HUBZone businesses). Support program offices in documenting small business capability analysis. Prepare electronic posting announcements.
Outputs: Market research documentation; electronic posting announcements; small business capability analyses.
- Assist in evaluation process and assure written documentation to support both informal and formal source selection procedures. If formal source selection procedures are used - Prepare Source Selection Plans, assist with identification of SSEB members, instruct SSEB members on roles and responsibilities, ensure Conflict of Interest/Nondisclosure forms are signed, prepare evaluation sheets, and prepare Source Selection Decision Memorandum. Other pre-award documents may include Determinations and Findings (D&Fs), Justifications and Approvals (J&As), and other necessary contract file documents.
Outputs: Source selection evaluation documentation; D&Fs; J&As; and other necessary contract file documents.
- Prepare Request for Quotes (RFQs), Request for Proposals (RFPs) including two-phased design/build solicitations, and Combined Synopsis/Solicitations. Assure the solicitation includes all appropriate solicitation terms and conditions. Recommend and prepare unique terms and conditions as required. Prior to release of solicitation, verify that funds are available and obtain legal concurrence. Release solicitation by electronic posting.
- Work with evaluators and Contracting Officer (CO) to identify pre-negotiation objectives and assist the CO during discussions with Offerors. Prepare final contract award documents for task and delivery orders and stand-alone contracts for CO signature in the NIH Business System (NBS), PRISM, and Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR) designation letters. Obtain legal concurrence. Distribute contract to appropriate parties. Report contract actions either directly into the Federal Procurement Data System (FPDS), or to FPDS via PRISM.
Outputs: Award document preparation/FPDS Reporting documentation, Contract file documentation.
- Prepare appropriate documentation for contract modifications, including the exercise of options. Monitor contractor performance, including schedules and milestones. Monitor contractor compliance with terms of the contract, including site visits and labor interviews. Assist in the preparation of incentive and award fees. Assist in the resolution of performance problems. Process contractor invoices, including contract funding status management.
Outputs: Modifications, award or incentive fee determinations, invoice packages, correspondence, and administration.
- Assist COAC in the development, implementation, and oversight of DoD policy initiatives. Assist in the analysis of proposals. Provide expert advice on acquisition policy.
Outputs: Policy analysis and briefings. Policy guides and handbooks.
All other tasks assigned by Program/Project Managers
Education and Experience:
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree (Math or Information Systems preferred)
- 5 or more years of experience
- Experience in auditing and /or a purchase card program is a plus.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Advance knowledge of Excel, Pivot Tables, Access, and Powerpoint
- MUST BE ABLE TO OBTAIN AN ACTIVE CLEARANCE
VCI is a privately held Service Disabled Veteran Owned, quickly growing company with headquarters in Huntsville, AL within 5 miles of the Redstone Arsenal and NASA Marshall Space Flight Center. Established in 2004, and now celebrating 19 years of excellence in providing quality products and services to the Department of Defense. VCI is looking for candidates for key positions to perform work as part of an exciting new opportunities. This is very exciting work having to do with rapid integration and deployment of advanced capabilities into our operating forces. Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, paid time off, paid holidays, flexible spending account, employee assistance program, tuition assistance program, 401k Plan ,as well as a fun and enthusiastic work environment!
VCI offers a team-oriented work environment and a competitive compensation and employee benefits package. If you have a commitment to excellence and want to join our team of top caliber professionals, we invite you to submit your resume electronically.
This is a full time position