Systems Integration EngineerPosition Description:
The Army Rapid Capabilities and Critical Technologies Office (RCCTO) serves to expedite critical capabilities to the field to meet Combatant Commanders’ needs. The Office enables the Army to experiment, evolve and deliver technologies in real time to address both urgent and emerging threats, while supporting acquisition reform efforts. RCCTO reports to a Board of Directors led by the Secretary of the Army, and including the Chief of Staff of the Army, Under Secretary of the Army, Vice Chief of Staff of the Army, Army Acquisition Executive, and the Commander of Army Futures Command.
The Office executes rapid prototyping and initial equipping of strategically important capabilities to meet commanders’ warfighting needs, consistent with the Army’s modernization priorities. Beyond closing current capability gaps, the Office also aims to stimulate aggressive, proactive capability development and leverage disruptive technologies to meet Army strategic objectives.
Within RCCTO, the Advanced Concepts and Experimentation (ACE) Project Office, mission is to rapidly develop, test, and transition advanced technologies to address high priority items from RCCTO and Army leadership. The office serves as the quick reaction cell for rigorous research and analysis, prototyping, experimentation and assessment, in order to demonstrate initial technology for larger efforts or provide a residual combat capability. ACE also acts as a portal to nationwide experts in academia, industry, start-ups and other services. By providing these principal functions, ACE enables Army leaders to make informed decisions on emerging technologies.
A System Engineering & Integration Engineer within the RCCTO ACE provides support for the life cycle of assigned projects and prototypes.
- Performs comprehensive capability analysis; characteristic identification and execution assessments; assembly and system testing; and integration plans and schedules.
- Develops and presents system briefings to senior management-level personnel.
- Support the resolution of complex hardware, software and/or integration problems within appropriate IPTs, engage with internal and external organizations, and help identify solutions that meet or exceed client requirements.
- Is responsible to support various projects simultaneously. These projects cover the full spectrum of emerging technologies with projects lasting form six months to multiple years.
- Develops and maintains documentation of System Level Architecture and support Interface Requirements Specification development.
- Develops and monitors key performance parameters.
- Assist with identification and management of technical and production risk.
- Systems Engineering and integration support across the product lifecycle.
- Develops, documents, and verifies system and subsystem characteristics.
- Develops and documents overall System and Subsystem Level design, function, and performance criteria.
- Debugs and corrects system level problems and issues in conjunction with provider.
- Reports directly to assigned Project Lead, assisting in the day to day execution of the project portfolio.
- Able to perform all functional duties independently.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work on high-visibility or mission critical aspects
- Active Secret Clearance
- 6 years of experience as System Engineer and Integrator
- Bachelor of Science in a technical discipline (i.e. engineering, mathematics, physics)
- Three (3) years of overall project management experience relating to DoD.
- Relevant experience with RCCTO or similar Army rapid prototyping/project office
- Applicants selected will be subject to a validation of their government security clearance and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. A TS/SCI level of clearance is required at a minimum for this position.
This is a full time position
Visit Careers at Vision Centric Inc.