- Assist in the planning and coordinating all aspects of visits by Distinguished Visitors (includes representatives of United States (US) and foreign governments), Very Important Persons (VIPs, includes general and other flag officers and high ranking civilian employees of Department of Defense (DoD) components), and other official visitors. Also assist in the planning and coordination of visits for various tenant activities on Redstone Arsenal, Industry Based Partners and the community.
- Provide administrative, protocol, and event management support to the Command group, Board of Directors, and Program Directors. Support includes military protocol and meeting support for award ceremonies, retirements, and internal agency events.
- Assist in the planning and coordination of all support activities involving visit by visiting dignitary to include transportation (ground and/or air), billeting, social functions, official ceremonies, luncheon/dinner reservations and arrangements, official office calls, briefings, conferences, and official tours as required.
- Assist in the coordination of reservations and arrangements for facilities, speakers, guest list, invitations, seating arrangements, flags, decorations, menu selections, etc.
- Assist in the following protocol and event management activities that includes; site selection, event design, and event set - up/clean up, provide on-site administration and logistics for meetings, conferences and events.
- Assist in preparing official itinerary for visitors ensuring all arrangements for escort service, meetings, transportation, etc. have been properly coordinated and all responsible parties advised.
- Interpret and apply national and international rules, procedures and directives prescribing traditional and formal diplomatic customs, courtesies and etiquette accorded to visiting dignitaries to include: senior US military officers, Foreign dignitaries, Foreign Military members, prominent civilian leaders of the community, DoD, Congressional and Cabinet level representatives.
- Provide briefs the Director, Deputy Director and/or Chief of Staff concerning the special plans and procedures pertaining to visits of high-ranking distinguished guest and dignitaries to the organization.
- Participate in required planning meetings as required.
- Assist in tracking weekly the Very Important Person (VIP) visit listing.
- Assist in the coordination of arrangements and/or changes with responsible officials and counterparts at various local Protocol Office(s) and across the country or other similar high level offices in the government or private sector.
- Review detailed plans to ensure consistency with established policies and procedures.
- Assist in ensuring at all times that the highest degree of official recognition is accorded each visitor, and presentations and tours are commensurate with the visitor's security clearance.
- Maintain historical files on visits, awards, ceremonies and presentations conducted.
- Assist with reconciling various internal calendars with the senior installation protocol office(s) to eliminate conflicts (i.e. Holiday Reception and various military ceremonies).
- Assist in the planning and coordination official social functions for the organization (i.e., SDM and AUSA functions).
- Assist in coordinating with local security activities to arrange base access and restricted area badges for visitors.
- Assist with the registration for multiple external conferences with large numbers of attendees, operate audio and video systems in multiple conference rooms, and provide Video Teleconferencing support as required.
- May be required to drive distinguished visitors in and out of restricted areas and the local community.
- Active Secret clearance
- Protocol and/or Event Management experience
- Possess strong verbal, communication and written skills
- Must have experience working in a team environment
- Ability to travel 10-20%
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3+ years of related experience
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
US Citizenship Required
This is a full time position
Visit Careers at Vision Centric Inc.