Systems Integration Engineer
Provides technical and management support to the Directed Energy Project Office Chief Engineer. Develops plans and provides technical expertise in formulating data driven decisions about the progress of prototype Directed Energy (High Energy Lasers and High Power Microwaves) weapon system technical maturity. Applies broad, comprehensive knowledge of functional policies, procedures, and techniques and reviews and recommends revisions for engineering processes, policies, and standing operating procedures, ensuring full integration with RCCTO policies and procedures. Assists the Chief Engineer in the following mission areas: Planning, developing, executing, and controlling DEPO programs by providing researched and detailed advice; prioritizing issues for the Chief Engineer and filter issues as assigned; and preparing briefings, information papers, and talking points for the Chief Engineer and presenting them as assigned. Supports and when assigned, represents the Chief Engineer at internal and external meetings.:
- Responsible for assisting senior program specialists with assessing, preparing, and providing mission short- and long-range goals, objectives, and initiatives to be presented to senior leadership.
- Assist with daily office operations and prioritization of events based on known activities or guidance provided such as synchronization and integration of events and activities for the Project Office through coordination, consolidation, and collaboration of information.
- Assist with organizational staff calls, stand-ups, office tag-ups, working groups, ad hoc, IPTs or similar venues; assess action items from meetings and engage in the resolution process; and, propose responses to inquiries based on actions assigned. Prepare notes or after-action summaries, track actions items, and making recommendations on response for closure.
- Provides acquisition strategy development and analysis during pre-solicitation through contract execution
- Provides guidance on regulatory requirements governed by the FAR/DFAR/DoD Directive 5000 series
- Analyzes contract requirements, special provisions, terms and conditions to ensure compliance with appropriate laws, regulations, corporate policies and business unit procedure
- Supports the development and/or review of acquisition and program management documentation, briefings and white papers
- Assists with the development of Statements of Work/ Performance Work Statements, CDRLs, source selection plans, determinations and findings and other programmatic related documentation
- Provides review and comment on contractor technical evaluations and/or independent government estimates
- Assists with the establishment of long-range procurement objectives for requirements to be executed each fiscal year
- Utilize independent judgment to plan, prioritize, and organize a diversified workload in a high, up-tempo, and detail-oriented work environment
- Create, compose, consolidate, and review documentation, e.g., correspondence, briefings, response to inquiries, and talking points for correctness, format, spelling, and grammar before sending out for approval or signature. Draft response to taskers, RFIs, Congressional delegations and other key stakeholders.
- Support program updates and assist in developing executive-level briefings, including accomplishments, impacts, risks, issues, and challenges, etc.; coordinate documents, e.g., white papers; conduct pre-meetings to prepare and distribute read-aheads; and secure approval of documents within read ahead timelines prior to submission for executive forums.
- Assist with special projects where multiple functions are involved, coordinating actions, clarifying responsibilities and timelines for completion, and consolidating data, as necessary, and reviews to ensure accomplishment of objectives, timeliness, and acceptability.
- Participates in definition of assignments, including identification of work to be done and deadlines for completion; plans and organizes the work; interprets regulations; and coordinates with others as necessary. Completed work is generally reviewed by the supervisor for compatibility with goals and for effectiveness in meeting objectives.
- DoD Acquisition Workforce Certification Level III in Systems Engineering
- Previous experience in Directed Energy Science and Technology and/or Army Program Office Engineering Team is preferred
- Must possess strong communications and analytical skills, be a self-starter, and detail oriented
- Experience developing information papers and decision briefings
- Experience serving and managing mission/information demands of executive members of the Army or DoD staff
- Ability to work in dynamic environment
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Excellent Organizational Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline with 10 years direct experience as a DoD Acquisition professional or a master's degree in an engineering discipline with 8 years direct experience as a DoD Acquisition professional
- US Citizen with a current DoD Secret security clearance
Redstone Arsenal, Alabama, United States
US Citizenship Required
This is a full time position